We will work toward mutual acceptance, improved communication, increased trust, and better strategies for disrupting damaging behavior before and as it occurs.
Here are signs that counseling may benefit your family:
- Your child or teen is behaving in an inappropriate or dangerous manner and you are unable to “get through” to him or her.
- Communication creates the same or worse arguments.
- Anger, fear, or stress are dominant emotions within family relationships.
- Key relationships in the family are suffering – such as between the parents, child or adult siblings, or one family member and a close relative.
- One family member exhibits addictive or dangerous behavior.
- Patterns of abuse – verbal and/or physical – exist within the family.